This first course introduces students to Medical Qigong theory and teaches them exercises that are designed to heal the body, calm the mind, and connect with spirit. Students learn a highly transformative Medical Qigong form that they can use for their own personal cultivation and health. Several Medical Qigong exercises will be taught that help the body correct both physical and energetic imbalances.
The course will introduce the student to the basic theories of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation. Student will begin to use these theories and specific qigong exercises to work with their own body's organs and energy channels, as well as to strengthen the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi).
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Respiration, posture, and mental training
- Emotional detoxification
- Healing sound projection
- Analyzing and categorizing qigong exercises
- Establish a personal medical qigong training practice
This introductory Seminar can also be taken as a stand-alone course for students wanting to learn qigong exercises for their own health and self-cultivation.
This Seminar is usually offered twice a year, in February and again in March. Students register for their preferred Seminar time.
Students will be able to:
- Categorize qigong exercises according to the three regulations
- Demonstrate various healing sound routines as well as several Medical Qigong exercises
- Discuss the concept of the human soul and its components from a Daoist or Chinese Medical perspective
Prerequisites: In order to register for P1, the student must first submit an Application to the MQP program. Please contact our main office for more information.